COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE
Catholic Office for Emergency Relief and Refugees (COERR), a Thai NGO under the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Thailand (CBCT) was established in 1978 for the purpose of bringing aid to displaced persons in Thailand and those affected by natural disasters. COERR is urgently looking for a personnel to fill the post of Community Health Nurse, based in Bangkok.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. Follow up cases that are referred to designated public hospitals and other agencies particularly public health centers in order to develop a sustainable response to the medical and health needs of refugees, asylum seekers, and other persons of concern.
2. Assist Medical Services Supervisor in managing the workload at the community/field level
3. Assist Clinical Nurse in conducting basic screening and evaluation of patients seeking medical consultaion, care and treatment at the Clinic.
4. Assist Medical Services Supervisor and Clinical Nurse in screening and evaluating patients for referral to public hospitals, public health centers and other health facilities.
5. Monitor referral system and the progress (admission, discharge, confinement, treatments and medical bills) of patients in various public hospitals, public health centers and clinics and closely coordinate with the hospitals’ social services centers in availing reduced or discounted medical bills. Make request and prepare cash advance payment for special medical treatment and/or procedures.
6. Screen and evaluate supporting documents submitted by patients requesting for reimbursement of medical expenses. Ensure supporting documents are complete and genuine and expenses incurred are within or meet the prescribed guidelines or regulations before recommending for approval.
7. Organize coordination of activities related to health education, HIV/AIDS trainings, primary health care, immunization, family planning and maternal health program.
8. Rotate medical hotline service among medical staff once month.
9. Perform other duties as required and requested.
1. Bachelor degree in nursing with at least 2-3 years of work experience
2. Open-mindedness, flexible and has the ability to cope with stressful situations and clients.
3. Ability to work under pressure and strong teamwork
4. Good spoken, written and comprehension of English language with experience in a multi- cultural environment.
5. Good computer skills (Word, Excel and MS office family)
Please send your application letter and CV to Khun Charatkorn Mankhatitham at e-mail: email@example.com by 6 May 2011
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.